Fishing is one of the hobbies that is relaxing and loved by many people. However, fishing can only be enjoyable if you use the right fishing equipment like the baitcasting reels. The best casting reel ensures that you quickly pull out even large-sized fishes without giving back a fight. You will love a casting reel in its unique design to enable it to bear lengthy struggles with fish.
We can all agree that fishing is quite an exciting activity. The battle between you and catching the fish does not get any better because your aim must be to come out the winner. That is why you need to have relevant information about fishing and casting reels to maximize your winning options.
Why Are Baitcasters Better?
Baitcasters are much better, mostly because they apply additional drag pressure. They also have excellent pickup rates as compared to all other rods available out there. Baitcasters also have remarkable accuracy and control, having strong inertia that aids in moving the spool rotates the moment you cast. Though using baitcasters require adequate experience and skills, practicing often makes it worth it hence enabling you to use this reel effectively.
Note: benefits of fishing
Note: We have discussed in detail why baitcasters are better. To understand the benefits of fishing, we advise that you read our next article for more information.
Table of Content:
- 5 Best Casting Reels Under 100 Reviews 2021
- 1. Lews Fishing SS1SHA Speed Spool LFS Baitcasting Reel
- 2. SHIMANO CORVALUS, Round Baitcasting Freshwater Fishing Reel
- 3. Abu Garcia Pro Max Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel
- 4. KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Reels – Elite Series Fishing Reel
- 5. Cadence CB6 Baitcasting Reels, 20 LB Powerful Carbon Fiber Drag Baitcaster
- What To Consider Before Buying A Casting Reel Under 100 Dollars?
- Why Should You Buy A Casting Reel Under $100?
5 Best Casting Reels Under 100 Reviews 2021
Finding the best casting reel under 100 can be quite a challenge due to the various models available on the market. Nevertheless, you need not worry because, in this review, we will round up the top casting reels to make your search much more accessible. The best part is you will not have to spend a fortune to own the best casting reel because there are available models that perform excellently.
1. Lews Fishing SS1SHA Speed Spool LFS Baitcasting Reel
The Lew’s casting reel has repeatedly set the standard for performance mostly because of its updated components. It comes with an inbuilt one-piece aluminum frame that is lightweight to fit your hands with ease. To reduce friction, this baitcasting reel features a bearing-supported P2 Pinion that prevents gears from wearing down.
This Speed Spool LFS is termed as heavy-duty due to its superb stable brass speed gears for dependability. To provide smooth performance after every cast, Lew’s speed spool casting reel is fitted with a stainless steel 10-bearing system. This casting reel has double-shielded bearings that enable anglers to progress in performance with every given bait.
Without a doubt, this is the best casting reel for beginners because it comes with a complete zirconia line guide. Through this guide, you get to understand how this spool casting reel delivers unmatched dependability. Besides, it also comes with customized soft-touch paddle handle knobs to better carry on with your fishing expedition.
Lews Fishing Features:
- This baitcasting reel features a one-piece aluminum frame that is lightweight and fits your hands perfectly.
- It comes with a bearing-supported P2 Pinion that keeps gears from wearing down.
- This Speed Spool LFS features solid brass speed gears that enhance performance and ensure dependability.
- It is fitted with stainless steel 10-bearing system for smooth performance cast after cast.
- The Lews reel has an adjustable magnetic control system, allowing anglers to improve performance bait after bait.
2. SHIMANO CORVALUS, Round Baitcasting Freshwater Fishing Reel
The Shimano casting reel is said to be one of the topmost valued models whose functionality is remarkable. The Variable brake system sets this fishing reel apart due to its outstanding casting performance. This reel also features a stable aluminum spool design meant to reduce spooling vibration, making you have a noise-free fishing experience.
The Super Stopper is also a one-way roller bearing that does away with back play hence delivering solid hooksets. It also comes with a one-piece aluminum frame that lasts long and can withstand any adverse fishing conditions. That is why you can use this fishing reel even in saltwater.
Though this is a high-grade fishing reel with outstanding features, it is cost-friendly. This makes it the budget baitcasting reel with upgraded components. Talk of the brake system is upgraded to aid the fishing reel have reliable controls. You will also be able to handle this reel better due to its rubber handle grip.
SHIMANO CORVALUS Features:
- The one-piece die-cast aluminum frame makes this baitcasting reel durable and able to withstand harsh conditions.
- This fishing reel has a variable brake system for top-notch casting performance.
- It also comes with a stable aluminum spool design that reduces spooling vibration.
- The Super Stopper, which is a one-way roller bearing, eliminates back play bringing forth solid hooksets.
- With this fishing reel, you will find a rubber handle grip that enables you to hold this reel better while fishing.
3. Abu Garcia Pro Max Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel
Abu Garcia fishing reel comes with a one-piece graphite frame plus graphite site plates crafted for an excellent performance. Thanks to the seven stainless steel ball bearings of this casting reel with the one roller bearing that allows fish in the boat without wearing off anglers’ hands. This is what makes the Abu Garcia baitcasting reel ideal for extended fishing trips.
The Abu Garcia PMAX Pro Max fishing reel boasts of top-notch grade performance that anglers demand. Its MagTrax brake system offers modified castability that puts continuous brake pressure meant to boost the range of your cast accurately. The bent handle and recessed reel foot allow extra rotation in case fish intend to fight.
Don’t worry about hard-pulling fish; this is because they will be tamed by the Power Disk drag system that smoothly drags the fish. The low-profile design brings forth an ergonomic feel that enables you to outlast your catch. No matter the years you use this casting reel, it will still maintain its operation, making it the best Abu Garcia baitcaster for the money you will spend on it. The price will undoubtedly be worth the value.
Abu Garcia Features:
- This fishing reel comes with a one-piece graphite frame that delivers outstanding performance.
- The seven stainless steel ball bearings of this fishing reel and one roller bearing allow fish into the boat without allowing anglers’ hands to wear off.
- It features the MagTrax brake system, which applies consistent brake pressure to give room for precise casting range.
- This reel also comes with a bent handle, plus a recessed reel foot gives the fish extra rotation if they want to fight.
- The Power Disk drag system is remarkable for taming hard-pulling fish.
4. KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Reels – Elite Series Fishing Reel
The kastking casting reel delivers excellent performance with its compact, ergonomic design. It comes with a Swing-Wing side cover that opens easily with an Ergo-Twist release that makes fish stay attached to the fish reel. This is a reliable and the best lightweight baitcasting reel with toughened aluminum main gears for top-notch durability.
The Elite baitcasting reels come with brass pinion gears inclusive of worm drives for enhanced strength and remarkable performance. The Carbon drag contains 17.6 lbs. drag power that comes with five-element magnetic brakes meant to put a stop to backlash. The best casting reel for bass fishing has main shafts that can be used as a saltwater reel.
The unique feature of this Royale Legend baitcaster reel is the exciting color-coded gear ratio. This allows the angler to identify fast reels meant for a given gear ratio for use for giving fishing conditions. For every Elite fishing reel, there is a specific body color fitting every gear ratio.
KastKing Royale Features:
- This casting reel comes in a compact, ergonomic design to deliver quality performance.
- It features a Swing-Wing side cover that usually opens fast by an Ergo-Twist release enabling fish to remain fixed to the fish reel.
- This is a lightweight reel that has toughened aluminum main gears making it quite durable.
- The Elite series features brass pinion gears with worm drives for enhanced strength and performance.
- The Carbon drag has drag power with five-element magnetic brakes to stop the backlash.
5. Cadence CB6 Baitcasting Reels, 20 LB Powerful Carbon Fiber Drag Baitcaster
The CB6 casting reels offer quality performance at an unbeatable value making it the best budget casting reel. It comes with high-valued gear that will not make you break the bank. The gear is made of aluminum, which is light reducing casting exhaustion.
This fiber reel improves the resistance corrosion plus durability through its double anodized basic holes spool. Good baitcasting reels allow versatile fishing conditions through the Super Low Torque BB system that reduces exerted casting effort. Each turn of the handle is made to enable smooth turning under heavy load.
The baitcasting reel comes with double-shielded stainless steel ball bearings to provide precise casts with lightning-fast hook sets. This fishing reel also contains a robust carbon fiber drag system. Through the drag system, you can drag even big fish of up to 20lbs. It also comes with adjustable magnetic brakes for control.
Cadence CB6 Features:
- The CB6 casting has high-valued gear for enhanced performance.
- It comes with stainless-steel ball bearings that provide accurate casts.
- This fishing reel feature a strong carbon fiber drag system that allows you to drag massive fish weighing up to 20lbs.
- It has double anodized basic holes spool that makes it withstand corrosion.
- Through the Super Low Torque BB system, casting is pressurized by enabling turning the handle under heavy load.
What To Consider Before Buying A Casting Reel Under 100 Dollars?
From the best casting reel product reviews, it is evident that you can get a high performing casting reel at an affordable price. Clearly, you do not have to buy an expensive fishing reel available on the market. What is of utmost importance is to find the best casting reel under 100 with exceptional features. This guide will enable you to understand the factors to consider before purchasing a casting reel.
If you are seriously thinking about going fishing, you must put the bearing’s quality first before the quantity. A high performing bearing will ensure a smooth operation. Go for one with three bearings rather than one with 12 bearings. However, the number of bearings has little to do with its performance; quality should take center stage.
Comfort should never skip your mind when choosing the best casting reel. Remember to check the baitcasting reel for coziness in terms of weight, rod balance, and grip. If you are not comfortable when casting the bait, you will not stand a chance of success. Comfort should be critical when going for a baitcasting reel. An uncomfortable reel will make you compromise the reliability as an angler. A good reel should provide comfortability at all times.
It is the gear ratio that determines the number of times that the spool turns in any revolution. Any time the gear ratio is higher, the line turned per handle increases. The most common gear ratio that is a top choice is the 6.4:1 gear ratio. It is an excellent choice for any fishing technique and quite specialized.
Anytime you go finishing, you need to understand that the tension knob takes control of the line when you begin your cast, and the brake system comes at the end of your cast to control the line. The brakes are quite essential in enhancing your cast into the wind anytime your spool spins fast than the bait. With an excellent braking system, no matter how you get slowed down by the wind, you will still end up making long casts.
The spool size should always be proportional to the bait being pursued. The massive the fish, the large spool size. The construction should also be deep since the fishing line will also be equally massive. The spools should be designed with machined aluminum for stiff fishing. Large spools are also easy to manage because they create smaller coils.
Note: We have discussed in detail the best casting reel under 100 buying guide what to consider before making a purchase. When you refer to our other previous articles, you will find more information to help you know how to choose a fishing reel.
Why Should You Buy A Casting Reel Under $100?
Several advantages can make you want to buy a casting reel under 100. Some of the benefits are:
- You will get to enjoy durability even after many years of usage. Nothing will have changed, for you will still enjoy the same constant and convenient, smooth operation.
- Having the right casting reel enhances adjustable functionality that enables ease of operation.
- You will be able to apply brakes no matter how high the speed is. This will allow you to minimize backlash.
- An excellent lightweight casting reel will be easier to handle when fishing for many hours or long periods.
- Having a good casting reel enables you to have a great casting speed spool. This way, you will be able to cast at a far distance with less effort.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are baitcaster reels used for?
Baitcasting reels are meant for catching large-sized fish species.
Why do pro fishermen use Baitcasters?
Fishermen use baitcasters because they have more rotation and can bear heavy lines with ease.
Why do bass fishermen use Baitcasters?
Because they are quite comfortable when you try to pull the rod tip down to the side.
Are Baitcasters hard to use?
No, baitcasters are not hard to use. What you have to understand are the basics of how they work, and you are good to go.
Is braided line good for Baitcasters?
Braided line is not just good for baitcasters but is the ideal choice. This line has many advantages compared to both fluoro and regular monolines.
Fishing is, without a doubt, an exhilarating activity. Before setting out for a fishing trip, you must be equipped with the right fishing gear. You need to find the right casting reel to enable you to have the best experience. This does not mean that you have to spend a fortune to get the right reel. The best casting reel under 100 should be reliable, cost-friendly, and of top-notch quality. This review can help you find the most affordable casting reel because expensive reels don’t necessarily mean super-quality.
The best casting reel under 100 that I highly recommend is the Lews Fishing SS1SHA Speed Spool LFS Baitcasting Reel. Not only is it affordable, but the quality is unmatched. It is also lightweight hence fitting your hands with ease. Its performance and dependability are unquestionable. Cast after cast, this reel proves its performance making it the best reel to work with.