Do you like to catch fish inshore? As inshore fishing takes place where it is not too deep or too far from the shore, you have to have the proper equipment to perform this fishing type. As an angler, you know that without a proper fishing reel, rod, and line, you are something like on the battlefield without any weapon!
If you want to catch fish inshore, you need the best inshore spinning reel without which you may not be able to catch or fight with the fishes you will catch. In this area of sea, you need a conventional reel-like spinning reel, which is the best option to catch small or big fishes. The article will lead you to know about inshore spinning reels.
Note: If you want to learn more about the size and other fishing reels’ perspectives, you can read another article on the types of fishing reel we have just covered.
Table of Content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our chosen inshore spinning reels. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 5 Best Inshore Spinning Reel Reviews 2021
- What Size Spinning Reel Do I Need?
- What To Consider Before Buying A Inshore Spinning Reel?
- Why Should You Buy A Inshore Spinning Reel?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thought
After selecting the 5 best inshore spinning reels, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand. Also, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can have a quick look at the chart as well.
5 Best Inshore Spinning Reel Reviews 2021
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough expertise in reviewing these inshore spinning reels here. We do hope and believe that you will end up selecting one that will best suit you. So, read on to the end so that you can get your desired one.
1. Abu Garcia Revo Inshore Spinning Reel
According to our research, Abu Garcia Revo Inshore Spinning Reel is the best spinning reel for inshore fishing. The spinning reel comes with 6 stainless steel hpcr bearings and one roller bearing, enabling you to increase the corrosion protection of the reel with the rod. Therefore, it becomes steadier to catch fishes. The reel comes with Amgeraing System for unparalleled smoothness and longevity, which provides you precision machined gears.
Its computer-optimized gear design ensures its efficiency gear system; therefore, you can maintain its gear according to your needs comfortably. The spinning reel also has a carbon matrix drag system, which benefits you to drag it smoothly and consistently. So, you can be consistent on dragging pressure across the whole drag range in the rod.
Weight is another thing that prevents you from performing better while catching fishes with these spinning reels. But here, the issue has been solved with the C6 carbon rotor for your better weight reduction capability. Also, you don’t have to worry about the spinning reel’s strength and durability because of the carbon rotor.
Abu Garcia Revo Features:
- The fishing equipment comes with 6 stainless steel hpcr Bearings with one roller that helps you increase the spinning reels’ corrosion protection.
- The product has come with an Amgearing system that allows you smoothness and durability. Not only that, it provides machined gear as well.
- The fishing reels come with a Computer-optimized equipment design that gives you the gear system’s most efficiency.
- Its Carbon matrix drag system helps you drag to its entire range smoothly and consistently without feeling extra pressure.
- These reels come with a C6 carbon rotor, which reduces the reels’ weight to provide you better performance without compromising its strength and longevity.
2. SHIMANO NASCI Inshore Spinning Reels
SHIMANO NASCI Inshore Spinning Reels comes with 4 balls bearing that will provide you with a better, smoother retrieval experience. Also, you don’t have to worry about its noise because having these 4 ball bearings; they do not produce noise when operating the spinning reels. So, the Shimano inshore reels should be a perfect choice for you to excel in inshore fishing.
Unlike other inshore spinning reels, you will benefit from the spinning reels with better control. Yes, the spinning reels come with front drag for better control of the reels. It would be easier for those who are amateur and new to fishing inshore with the fishing reels.
This is the best size reel for inshore fishing as you need a specific size reel for inshore fishing. Therefore, it provides you the best experience fishing inshore. The spinning reels are ideal for use in salt water as well. So, you can use these spinning reels in both inshore and deep blue sea or lake.
SHIMANO NASCI Features:
- If you want to catch fish saltwater, Shimano should be the best for you because it is ideal and approved for saltwater.
- These reels have come with 4 ball bearings so that you can retrieve the spinning reels smoothly and effortlessly.
- While fishing in the saltwater or inshore, you need better control. It has a front drag system that allows you more control.
- Its graphite build makes the fishing reels durable, and it increases its longevity as well. Its main body is not made of aluminum, just graphite.
- 30 lbs of power pro can be used on both casts for better retrieving.
3. KastKing Sharky III Spinning Fishing Rod and Reel Combos
KastKing Sharky Reel arrives with the Powerful Toray IM7 Graphite Blanks to get a sturdier and durable fishing reel. If you are a serious fishing enthusiast, these spinning reels are just for you! Are you willing to catch bass, panfish, trout, etc., these spinning reels should be the best inshore saltwater rod and reel combo because of having 2 pc and a length of 6.6 inches.
The spinning reels are also perfect for mono and braided lines because it has premium features like KastKing with Fuji guides and O-ring inserts. It comes with 9 inches in length for catching catfish, salmon, or even steelheads. The spinning reels come with EVA handles to feel comfort while fishing.
Also, EVA handles enable you to keep holding the spinning reels all day long with its sure grip. It comes with KastKing Sharky III fishing reels for the rod so that you can use it for any fish you want to catch. It fits with 2000 and powerful 5000 rods. Moreover, these fishing reels have stainless steel and lightweight graphite frame for durability. Light saltwater spinning reels like KastKing Sharky does the job for you.
KastKing Sharky III Features:
- Powerful Toray IM7 Graphite Blanks is ideal for those who are fishing enthusiasts. It comes with 2 pc and 6.6 inches for fishing trout, panfish, bass, and 9 inches for catfish, steelhead, and salmon.
- The reel comes with KastKing premium Fuji guides with O-ring, ideal for single and braided lines.
- Fuji reel seats allow you to keep your reel in place strongly at the time of your day-long fishing.
- Sharky III Spinning Reel allows you to use it for 2000 and powerful 5000 longer rods.
- Its stainless steel shielded ball bearing provides you the best comfort while retrieving the reels.
4. Okuma Ceymar Spinning Reel
Okuma Ceymar Spinning Reel should be considered the top inshore spinning reels because the reels come with a precision elliptical gearing system. The gearing system allows you to handle the spinning reels comfortably and for a longer period of time. It comes with 7BB and 1RB bearing system that benefits you to retrieve the reel easily.
The spinning reels come with a quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing that will help you to lock the reel where you may require. These fishing reels have a multi-disc for your better convenience. You can drag the reel effortlessly as it has an oiled felt drag system. It has a C-65 size Ergo Grip handle that benefits its users to hold it comfortably all day long.
With the fishing reel, you can go fishing in the freshwater as well as saltwater. So, it is one of the best inshore saltwater spinning reels out there. This is perfect for catching bass, steelhead, carp, catfish, and so forth. If you are willing to fish in the big rivers and lakes, it should be your go-to spinning reels.
Okuma Ceymar Features:
- Precision Elliptical Gearing System allows you to operate the spinning reels comfortably and effortlessly.
- It comes with 7BB and 1RB bearing system, which enables you to retrieve the spinning reels comfortably.
- Also, its quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing protects the reels from unwanted moving itself.
- For small ice fishing outfits, it comes with C-10, which is perfect for fishing in the small ice fishes.
- These fishing reels are perfect for both freshwater fish like steelhead, carp, catfish, walleye, and saltwater fish like striped bass, snook, redfish, and so forth.
5. SHIMANO ULTEGRA Freshwater Spinning Fishing Reel
SHIMANO ULTEGRA Freshwater Spinning Fishing Reel comes with Shimano’s flagship Hagane gearing system that makes the fishing reels strong, long-lasting and durable. Whether you are fishing inshore or offshore, it provides you the strength for both. Also, it has X-ship technology that provides you increased equipment durability.
Also, the X-ship technology benefits from eliminating friction between the spool shaft and enhancing an angler’s performance. Therefore, it can be considered to be the best inshore spinning reel for the money. Because unlike other spinning reels, it does not require a lot of your hard-earned cash too.
It also comes with core protect water-resistant technology, which makes the fishing reels long-lasting and durable. It can be used in the hardest environment for catching fishes. It has five ball bearings and one roller to make the spinning reels best suit for the anglers.
SHIMANO ULTEGRA Features:
- This is the fishing reel that can be used in all phases of your fishing journey, meaning that you can use it inshore and offshore fishing and even in the hardest weather as well.
- For your fishing reel’s durability, it comes with X-ship technology that ensures the reel’s strength and longevity.
- Its Coreprotect water-resistant technology enables the reel’s to use in the hardest environment and increase its durability.
- X-ship technology also helps the fishing reels to protect them from friction between the spool shaft and gear.
- Shimano’s flagship HAGANE gearing provides smoothness and long casting to the anglers so far.
What Size Spinning Reel Do I Need?
The size of the spinning reel depends on your needs. If you want to cover a bigger area inshore, you have to consider a long reel. Otherwise, you cannot cover or catch big fishes. Inshore fishing is something difficult to catch fishes.
Also, you have to consider the size of the fishes you are going to catch. The bigger the fishes and the more weight they have, the longer spinning reel you will be needed.
What To Consider Before Buying A Inshore Spinning Reel?
Before buying an inshore spinning reel, you should consider different things. Otherwise, you will purchase an inshore spinning reel that may not fulfill your requirements. This article will tell you the exact things you need to know before buying the best inshore spinning reel.
Size of the reel:
It is the most important thing you have to consider before buying an inshore spinning reel. Actually, it depends on the requirements of an angler. It ranges from 1000 to 9500 or simply from 10 to 95. Fish size and rod size are determined with the reel size. It can be defined as 1000 to 3500, 4000 to 5500, and 6000 to larger from small to large.
If you want to catch small fishes, you need 10 to 35 size, and the fishing rod should be 6 to 7 feet, followed by 40 to 55 for medium-sized fishes, whereas the rod would be 6 to 7 feet and 60 to larger for bigger fishes and require 8 to 9 feet long fishing rod.
The drag system is a must-have feature of the fishing reels. The drag system usually consists of two dishes, meaning that one dish should be on the side of the line spool and the other on the reel’s anti-reverse system. If the discs are attached tighter, you have to provide more pressure. Therefore, you should keep it light so that it becomes easier for you to operate. Also, using a switch, you can control the drag system, which should be located on the reel’s top.
Gear Ration should be considered:
You need to consider gear ration because it determines the reels pickups. The gear ratio is different, and you have to utilize these ratios according to your needs. Say that you have a model that indicates a 5.0:1 ratio, meaning that when you rotate the gear, the spool will rotate 5.0 times. So, the more number it shows, the more rotate the spool will do.
It should be lightweight:
Lightweight spinning reels will allow you to fish all day long. Otherwise, if the fishing reel is heavy, you can be exhausted after a certain period of time. Therefore, being the fishing reel lightweight is another important thing to consider.
If your reels are lightweight, you require less energy to operate the reels and feel less fatigue on your wrist. Lightweight reels are comfortable to use and allow more balance in comparison to other fishing reels.
Note: Considering these things, you need to buy your fishing reel. If you want to read our article on the fishing reel buying guide, you check it out.
Why Should You Buy A Inshore Spinning Reel?
For different reasons, you should buy an inshore spinning reel. If you can purchase a good one, it will help you fish in the inshore and offshore. So, for your better fishing experience, you need nothing but the best inshore fishing reel.
- It will allow you to catch fishes inshore comfortably and effectively. Having quality ball bearings, it enables you to retrieve while fishing.
- These reels are lightweight; therefore, you can continue to catch fish for a longer period of time. Also, your wrist will not get fatigued fast.
- As it comes in different sizes and lengths, it helps you to cover a large area. But you need to have a different size fishing rod as well.
- An inshore spinning reel is suitable for different types and sizes of fishes as well. Also, you can use it in freshwater and saltwater to catch fishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may still have some questions in your mind, right? That’s why; we are going to answer some frequently asked questions. Maybe, you have the same question in your mind, and you will get the answers as well from below.
How much drag do you need for inshore fishing?
For inshore fishing, you may need at least 12 pounds maximum to drag.
What is the best size rod for inshore fishing?
It depends on your needs. It ranges from 6-12 feet but you can use 7.
Does reel size affect casting distance?
Sure. The longer the reel size, the larger area you can cover with it.
What should I look for in a saltwater spinning reel?
You need to look for many thing for a saltwater spinning reel including the material of the reels.
Can I use a spinning reel on a casting rod?
Yes, you can but you need to mount a spinning reel on a casting rod.
After reviewing every reel separately, we have incorporated them in our review article. Still, you have difficulty finding the best inshore spinning reel; we recommend you to purchase Abu Garcia Revo Inshore Spinning Reel. You will get your desired features from the reel.
It comes with 6 stainless steel hpcr Bearings with one roller that helps you increase the spinning reels’ corrosion protection. Amgearing system provides you smoothness and durability. Computer-optimized gear design provides you the most efficiency in the gear system.