Are you looking for a baitcasting reel that allows you to use it in saltwater without any problem? If yes, here we have highlighted the 5 best saltwater baitcasting reel with aluminum, carbon, and graphite construction to ensure anti-corrosion protection in saltwater. They have sealer ball bearing and multiple gears that allow them to control speed and provide smooth performance.
Also, the large spool line allows us to fight and catch big fishes easily. They have a powerful braking system that will protect you from backlash and control the reel. Let’s have a look below to discover the baitcasting reels for saltwater.
Are Baitcasters Good For Saltwater?
Baitcasters are suitable for saltwater because they are made with alloy, graphite, carbon, or stainless steel metals that ensure protection from corrosion, rust, etc. Also, they have high-level line capacity in saltwater, and bearing is sealed with ceramic or stainless steel. You do not need to lubricate the baitcasters after using it because the following metals are already water and corrosion-resistant.
Note: Here, we have covered why baitcasters are good for saltwater. If you want to discover more about the fishing reels, you can read the spinning reel vs baitcasting reel.
Table of Content:
Below is the table of content for your quick overview:
- 5 Best Saltwater Baitcasting Reel Reviews 2021
- 1. Piscifun Salis X Trolling Reel 6.2:1
- 2. KastKing Spartacus Maximus Metal Baitcasting Reels
- 3. JOHNCOO Titan Baitcasting Reel Max Drag 13 Kgs Big Fish Fishing Reel
- 4. Diwa Baitcasting Fishing Reels Saltwater Freshwater Spincasting Reels
- 5. BERRYPRO Baitcasting Fishing Reel 10+1 Ball Bearings Baitcasting Reel
- What To Consider Before Buying A Saltwater Baitcasting Reel?
If you want to see our selected saltwater baitcasting reels at a glance, you can do it from the comparison chart below:
5 Best Saltwater Baitcasting Reel Reviews 2021
Finding a baitcasting reel for saltwater is not an easy task because salt water is a damager for metals. So, you need the baitcasting reels that have saltwater protection. Here, we have reviewed 5 best saltwater baitcasting reels that will meet your demands and provide saltwater protection.
1. Piscifun Salis X Trolling Reel 6.2:1
Piscifun Salis X Trolling Reel is made with a compact graphite frame and side plates that provide durability and saltwater protection. Its stainless steel hand helps to do fishing easily in the big fish game. It has carbon fiber washers that provide 27 pounds of drag power so you can hold big fish easily. Also, the Hamai Cut gear provides better performance with consistency.
The baitcasting reel for saltwater comes with a forged aluminum spool that prevents backing during a braided spooling line. It’s 6:2:1 gear ratio provides faster-trolling performance that improves fishing tasks. Also, you can easily fight with big fish and control effectively. It has a powerful knob that allows controlling the baitcasting reel easily. Its three bush winding line provides durability and stability.
It has drainage ports that help to drain water from the reel quickly and protect from corrosion. The sensitive bait clicker notified you when fish hooked in your reel. It has riveting reel foot that provides stability against big sea monsters. Also, its line release switch allows us to engage and disengage with the on/off mark. For these points, it becomes the top saltwater baitcasting reels.
Piscifun Salis Features:
- Its graphite frame, side plates, and stainless steel handle provide durability and saltwater protection.
- It has a bait clicker that indicates you when fish get hooked in your reel.
- The rivet reel foot provides stability and power to control big fishes easily.
- It has a 6:2:1 gearing system that ensures faster-trolling performance with control.
- The carbon fiber washers provide 27 pounds of power to fight with big sea monsters.
2. KastKing Spartacus Maximus Metal Baitcasting Reels
KastKing Spartacus Maximus Metal Baitcasting Reels are made with zero-flex frame and alloy metal that prevent corrosion and provide protection at saltwater. Its stainless steel shaft and aluminum spool provide durability and long-lasting performance. It can produce 25 pounds stopping drag power that helps control big saltwater spices, so it can be considered the best saltwater baitcasting reel.
The good saltwater baitcasting reels have 11 stainless steel shielded ball bearings that smoothly rotate the gears, knobs, spool, and winding devices. It has a 6:3:1 gearing system that provides a smooth fishing experience. Also, it has 6 levels of centrifugal brake and 10 levels of magnetic brakes that provide backlash protection.
It has an EVA knob that helps control the reels with a perfect grip. It has extra line capacity that allows to fish at long distances to catch deep water species. For its lightweight and high-level performance, you can use it for kayak, bass, etc. fishing. After all, it could be the best saltwater low profile baitcaster.
KastKing Spartacus Features:
- It is constructed with a zero-flex frame and aluminum metal that ensure saltwater and corrosion protection.
- The 11 double-shielded ball bearings provide a smooth fishing experience with stability.
- It has 6:3:1 gearing systems that allow doing fishing with various techniques.
- The 5 buttons magnetic and 6 pins centrifugal brakes ensure backlash protection while fishing.
- It provides 25 pounds stopping drag power that helps to fight with big fishes.
3. JOHNCOO Titan Baitcasting Reel Max Drag 13 Kgs Big Fish Fishing Reel
JOHNCOO Titan Baitcasting Reel is made with an alloy frame and graphite side plate that prevent corrosion in saltwater and makes it durable. Also, the high-end build quality provides long-lasting performance with a better fishing experience. It produces 28 pounds of drag power that helps to fight and catch big fish easily. Also, it weighs 282 grams only, which makes it the best baitcasting reel for beginners.
It has machined brush 7:1:1 gear rotation that helps to do fishing with different techniques, improving the fishing experience. Its 12 ball-bearing provides smooth fishing performance by rotating knobs, gears, and spools. Also, its amazing braking system ensures protection from backlash by improving strength. It has speed retrievals that provide steady and quiet performance.
It has 0.33mm per 200M line capacity that allows doing fishing at long distances with smooth operation. It ensures stability on bass fishing, kayak fishing, and rock fishing. Also, it has a clicker that can breeze more than 10mph with a perfect tension level. So, I recommend it as the best saltwater baitcasting reel under 100.
JOHNCOO Titan Features:
- Its ally frame and graphite side plates provide durability and long-lasting performance.
- It produces 28 pounds of drag power that helps to fight and catch big fishes easily.
- The 12 bearing ball provides smooth operation by rotating spools, knobs, and gears.
- It has a reliable braking system that prevents backlash while fishing in the saltwater.
- It weighs only 282 grams but provides stable performance in all conditions.
4. Diwa Baitcasting Fishing Reels Saltwater Freshwater Spincasting Reels
Diwa Baitcasting Fishing Reels is designed with a premium carbon fiber frame, side plates, and solid handle that provide durability and long-lasting performance. It weighs only 190 grams that make super lightweight, and provide a stable fishing experience so you can use it every seawater you want. The reel offers smooth and powerful operation than other reels in this range, so that it could be the best budget saltwater baitcasting reel.
It has a 6:3:1 gearing system that provides a pleasure fishing experience with quiet operation. The 13 water-resistant ball bearings help to rotate gears, spools, and knobs smoothly. Its CNC alloy spool allows you to drop it the distance you need. Also, it has an anti-reverse bearing system that helps to stop devastating hook safely.
The Daiwa saltwater baitcasting reels can produce 18 pounds, stopping drag power that easily controls and catches big monsters. The magnetic brakes provide backlash protection and make it stable under all conditions. Also, the ceramic braided line provides strong and log time fishing performance.
Diwa Baitcasting Features:
- It is constructed with a carbon fiber frame, side plates, and solid handle that provide durability and anti-rust protection in saltwater.
- The 6:3:1 gearing system ensure a pleasure fishing experience with the soundless operation.
- It has 13 ball bearings that provide smooth operation by rotating spools, knobs, and gears perfectly.
- It has 13 pounds drag power capacity that helps to catch a big sized fish easily.
- The magnetic barking system ensures more safety and protects you from backlashing.
5. BERRYPRO Baitcasting Fishing Reel 10+1 Ball Bearings Baitcasting Reel
If you are finding cheap saltwater baitcasting reels, the BERRYPRO Baitcasting Fishing Reel will be a great option for you. It is made with an aerospace plastic material that provides high strength and durable performance for a long time. It weighs only 210 grams, so you can easily hold it in your hand with a grip. Also, it has an alloy forged spool that improves the line capacity with maximum power.
It has a 6:3:1 brass cut gear system that provides more torque and improves crank performance. Its magnetic braking system provides multi-level control and prevents backlash accidents. Also, it has a smooth drag system that offers smooth and quiet stopping power without opening side cover. So, it can be considered as a low profile saltwater baitcaster.
It comes with a total of 11 MaxiDur ball bearings that protects from corrosion and long-lasting smooth performance. It has ceramic inert that protects the line from any damage and increases durability. Also, the alloy handle ensures a high-quality grip that provides comfort. The push-lock button prevents the looseness of the side cover effectively.
BERRYPRO Baitcasting Features:
- It is made with an aerospace plastic material that provides durability with maximum strength.
- The high-speed 6:3:1 gear system ensure better torque and improve crank performance.
- It has 11 MaxiDur Japanese NMB ball bearings that provide smooth and quiet operation.
- The magnetic braking system provides adjustable multi-level control with safety.
- Its CNC multi-pored aluminum spool offer line capacity with maximum strength.
What To Consider Before Buying A Saltwater Baitcasting Reel?
Before buying the best saltwater baitcasting reel, you should follow some important factors to help you make the right choice. The factors are below:
At first, you should consider the material of the baitcasting reel. The most popular are those made of extra rigid carbon and whose bearings are made with stainless steel. The side covers are usually made of anti-corrosion graphite, and the knobs are made of cork. So, you should choose the baitcasting reel that has saltwater and corrosion protection,
It is a factor that helps to control the speed of the retrieve. You will find the different ratios in the gear system. It allows you to keep speed level low, average, and fast according to your needs. For saltwater baitcasting reel, you should go for a 6:2:1, 6:3:1, or 7:1:1 ratio gear system that provides faster-trolling performance and reliable control. For example, the 6:3:1 means that it produces 6.3 spins or revs for each turn in the reel handle.
The braking system ensures protection from backlash. It is one of the essential parts of the reel, and the optimum calibration must always be sought, considering the rod and line used as well as the piece to be taken. We must avoid using excessive brake for catches, not spoil or break fishing lines. You will find 3 types of brakes:
Magnetic brake: It is located at the opposite point of the lever. It is manually regulated from 0 to 6 or from 0 to 10. Inside, you find magnets that move, staying close to the coil at the highest levels, which helps apply the brake.
Centrifugal brake: It is placed on the other side of the crank. It may also be hidden under a pin cap. There is a high control of the maximum speed of the reel rotation when casting. In this way, we ensure that it does not over-revolve in the end.
Mechanical brake: It is located under the lever and includes a twist thread in two directions. It puts pressure on the axis of rotation of the coil. It will offer perfect control of the output, which will be progressive and regular.
The ball bearings allow for rotating spool, knobs, and gears smoothly. Generally, they are made with ceramic material that provides smooth and quiet operation. Your reel should have at least 8 ball bearings for better performance. The more bearings your reel contains, the quieter and smoother it will perform.
If you decided to catch big fish, you need a heavier line that requires a large size spool. I recommend going with a deep spool that allows you to keep all lines you want. You can also choose the reel with a minimum of 10 pounds to draw weight that will help you catch the big fishes easily. If you are thinking about spool built material, you can choose the aluminum or die-cast spool to provide your long-lasting performance.
By following these factors, you will get a saltwater baitcasting reel that will fulfill your requirements.
Note: In the above section, we have presented a guide to buying a saltwater baitcasting reel. If you want to know more about baitcasting reel, you can read: how to choose fishing reel?
Why Should You Buy A Saltwater, Baitcasting Reel?
You should get a saltwater baitcasting reel to make your fishing trip successful for several reasons and protections. They are:
- The Baitcasting reels are made with aluminum and graphite that ensure saltwater protection and provide durability with long-term use.
- The spool size is enough larger than the regular ones so that you can fight and catch big fishes quickly.
- They are equipped with high quality magnetic, mechanical and centrifugal braking systems that provide better control and prevent backlash by slowing down the reel cast.
- You can easily control the speed of the reel with its gear ration system. Also, the average amount of gear ratio allows us to handle big fishes easily.
- They have different ball bearings that help to rotate the knobs, spools, and gears smoothly. The ceramic and stainless steel shielded ball bearing of the reels provide sufficient power to catch fishes quietly.
These are the reasons why you need a saltwater baitcasting reel. Now, you can choose the best one from our reviewed saltwater baitcasting reels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some frequently asked questions about saltwater baitcasting reel.
Can I use freshwater reel in saltwater?
All freshwater reel is not perfect to use in saltwater. If your reel has sealed ball bearings and anti-rust protection, you can use the reel in saltwater.
Is there a difference between saltwater and freshwater rods?
Freshwater rods are made with normal metals that corrode in time and saltwater rods are made with special alloy metals that ensure corrosion protection. Also, freshwater rods cannot handle big fishes and saltwater rods easily control the big fishes for its large spool system.
Is it OK to use wd40 on fishing reel?
Never use wd40 on your fishing reel. If you lubricate your reels with the wd40, it will damage the reel by breaking down oil and grease.
Is 3 in 1 Oil OK for fishing reels?
Your fishing reels do not need 3 in 1 oil because it can reduce the durability of your fishing reels. Never lubricate your fishing reel if it is expensive.
Why do bass fishermen use Baitcasters?
Fishermen use baitcasters because it has a strong and large line that allows to take heavy loads. Also, it helps to pull out the rod from down to side easily.
Saltwater baitcasting reels are suitable for heavy-duty and longtime use. It allows hooking big and heavyweight fishes with a large spool line. Here, we have shared the 5 best saltwater baitcasting reel. I would like to recommend the Kastking Spartacus Maximus metal baitcasting reel with a CNC aluminum spool to fight with big fishes with 25 pounds of carbon fiber drag.
It is constructed with a zero-flex frame and aluminum metal that protect saltwater. Also, it has 10+1 double-shielded stainless steel ball bearings that provide smooth and quiet operation. The 6:3:1 gear system allows you to control the speed with 6 levels and 10 levels dual braking system.